Banana ice cream is my favorite way to cool down on a hot day! It’s guilt free, dairy free, and most importantly, cruelty free. I’m an incurable chocoholic and nutty for caramel, but you can add any flavorings you like! You can even sneak in a few berries for an extra serving of fruit– blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries pair especially well with the banana 🙂
Chocolatey, caramelly decadence. Check out the recipe below!
What you’ll need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Drizzle of agave nectar
- Dash of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Spoonful of non-dairy caramel sauce — recipe coming soon!
- Optional: splash of non-dairy coffee creamer
- Cut the banana into discs and freeze for a couple of hours.
- Pulse the banana in a food processor until it’s creamy and smooth, and scrape it down as needed. Be patient– when the banana starts to form into a ball, it’s almost done! If it needs a little help to get going, a splash of non-dairy creamer will make this process a bit easier. Be careful, though– too much creamer will give your nice cream an icy texture.
- Add all remaining ingredients but the caramel sauce and pulse to combine.
- Transfer your nice cream to an airtight container. Take a big spoonful of the non-dairy caramel sauce and gently swirl through the nice cream to form the caramel ribbons. Do not stir!
- Allow the nice cream to set in the freezer for a little while for a harder, scoopable texture, or enjoy as soft serve.