These enchiladas are soo very saucy and cheesy with just a little kick. I hope you’ll love them as much as we did!
The vegan sour cream makes it!
mmmmmm… beany, cheesy, creamy goodness. It doesn’t get better than this!
What you’ll need:
- 2 10-oz cans of enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cups rice
- 1 16- oz can of black beans
- 1 16- oz can of vegan re fried beans
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 2-3 small cloves of garlic
- pinch of salt
- dash of cumin
- 8 6-inch tortillas
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Oil, for sauteing
- Vegan cheese, for topping– Chao Creamy Origional works great for this recipe!
- Non-dairy sour cream, for topping
- Diced tomatoes
- First, prepare the rice according to the instructions on the bag.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the veggies and mince the garlic.
- Lightly coat a pan in oil and saute the peppers, onions, and garlic. Add a pinch of salt to help the veggies cook down. In the meantime, drain and rinse the black beans.
- Heat the refried beans seperately and set aside.
- Once the peppers are tender and the onions are translucent, add the black beans and cook until hot.
- After the veggies and beans are done, add them to the rice along with one of the cans of enchilada sauce and a dash of cumin. Add hot sauce for a little kick!
- Stuff the tortillas with your filling, and then roll them up and place them in a greased casserole dish. Spoon any extra filling into the sides of the dish, and cover the enchiladas with the vegan cheese and the other can of enchilada sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Let the enchiladas cool for a couple of minutes, and you’re good to go!