There’s nothing better than a cheesy, creamy Alfredo sauce over pasta with oodles of parmesan cheese. When I ditched dairy, I just had to create a vegan version. Here it is!
Makes: About 2 cups of sauce
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- Soak the cashews overnight, or boil them for 15 minutes.
- Blend the cashews up with the lemon juice, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast. Add water little by little and blend until your sauce reaches a smooth, creamy consistency. Add a few pinches of salt, to taste.
- I like to serve this sauce warm on top of pasta and sauteed veggies. Broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, peas, and asparagus are my favorites. Top it off with some cashew parmesan and crushed red pepper, and you’re good to go!